liverpool vs wolves results

Vinagre concedes a cheap corner. Four minutes will be added on. Adam Lallana tries a through ball, but Roberto Firmino is caught offside. Liverpool: Alisson (7), Alexander-Arnold (8), Gomez (7), Van Dijk (7), Robertson (6), Lallana (6), Henderson (7), Wijnaldum (7), Salah (7), Firmino (6), Mane (7).

We have already had an armpit offside this year and for me, it was a clear shoulder from Adam [Lallana], but it took a while, which you can imagine is not too cool for Wolves.

85' We rely on advertising to help fund our award-winning journalism. Wolves: Patricio (6), Dendoncker (6), Coady (7), Bennett (6), Kilman (7), Neves (7), Moutinho (7), Jonny (7), Neto (7), Vinagre (6), Jota (7).

Trent has the first shot of the match, sweeping up from Salah's overhit cross but it is well blocked by Kilman. I'm predicting a comfortable home win - but I am of course very willing to be proven wrong.

But VAR threw the end of the first half into turmoil. 91 375 25 00. After going ahead through a goal that had initially been disallowed by the on-field referee but was then overturned by the VAR, Liverpool were almost immediately pegged back from one of Wolves' first attacks of the game, only for another frankly ridiculously tight offside call to see it ruled out. Liverpool vs Wolverhampton Wanderers. Foul by Diogo Jota (Wolverhampton Wanderers).

In fairness, Wolves may well also prove to be one of the very toughest opponents they face this season and, despite making changes, they pushed Liverpool hard. 71'

Wolves 1-1 Liverpool (Jimenez 51) 4.02pm EST 16:02 Peeeeeep! / fixtures and results Fixtures & Results LAST MATCH. Corner, Liverpool. Liverpool break with Salah and Firmino at breakneck speed but Kilman and then Bennett do well to halt them with well-timed tackles. Liverpool broke the deadlock in the 42nd minute as another wonderful long ball from Van Dijk was bundled into the path of Mane by the shoulder of Lallana.

It's been about 25 whole minutes since I last watched a match.

But for me, in the first moment, it was not handball. Romain Saïss (Wolverhampton Wanderers) header from the centre of the box misses to the left. Should VAR change after more controversy?

Liverpool break at speed and Salah for a moment looks like he is in to make it 2-0 but Coady does well to get back and shut him out. Liverpool go more long this time with Van Dijk seeking out Mane's run down the left. 41' Check the best match plays and goals between Liverpool 1-0 Wolves of Premier League 2019/2020.

Substitution, Liverpool. Assisted by Mohamed Salah. Offside, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Romain Saïss replaces Rúben Neves. Wolves were stung and, as Klopp later pointed out, were angry and they channelled that when they appeared to equalise with Neto firing low into the net from Otto’s cutback before the VAR intervention deemed the wing-back was offside as he collected Ruben Vinagre’s pass. For Wolves, they travel to Watford on New Year's Day (kick-off 3pm) before welcoming Manchester United in the FA Cup on Saturday 4 January (kick-off 5.31pm).

It is in strange circumstances that we reach what should be the biggest game of the weekend. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) left footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal. In injury time, Vinagre had to do better than slash a shot past the post.

Substitutes Raul Jimenez, Romain Saiss and Adama Traore all went close - firing wide of the target - as Liverpool clung on for a 17th home league win in a row. Wolves have made a decent start to this half and their intentions are very clear: they are here to get a result.

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

"I have to apologise, I always have a word about the work of the referees, but today, I don't feel like anything I can say will help. Assisted by Sadio Mané with a headed pass.

Thank god there's more football on. They were really on their toes, really on fire.

After some neat play across the top of the box from the hosts, Trent Alexander-Arnold swung a sensational cross into the area, but Mohamed Salah could only fire the effort over the face of goal from close range. Attempt

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) left footed shot from the centre of the box is too high.

Foul by Diogo Jota (Wolverhampton Wanderers).

Subs used: Saiss (6), Traore (6), Jimenez (5).

Attempt Liverpool have not been anywhere near their best here, really lacking in imagination in the final third, and Wolves haven't had to work particularly hard to keep it goalless.

48' They started really poorly and everyone was blaming the Europa League, saying they have to dismiss it, get out of it, which we hear so often, but they've actually stayed in it, qualified and are back in the middle of the table.

50' – while Wolves howled that although Adam Lallana may not have handled before guiding the ball to Mane then it appeared Virgil van Dijk had done so before picking Lallana out with a long ball forward. Attempt

He nodded the ball across for Salah, who hammered it goalwards on the volley, but it went straight into the goalkeeper's hands. Attempt missed. He made eight crosses and created two chances, with 112 touches of the ball in what was another stand-out game.

57'

Assisted by João Moutinho with a cross following a corner.

Premier League. Some uncharacteristically lazy play from Van Dijk allowed Diogo Jota through into the area, leaving the Ballon d'Or nominee in his wake. Even so, before the introduction of the VAR system they would have gone in 1-0 down against Wolves. Attempt missed. Attempt saved. 55' GOAL OVERTURNED BY VAR: Pedro Neto (Wolverhampton Wanderers) scores but the goal is ruled out after a VAR review. 24'

Attempt missed.

55' Liverpool have the ball in the back of the Wolves net after Lallana chests the ball into Mane's path, who then slams the ball into the corner of the net. Will this year’s fixture produce a winner?

53' Substitution

Goal! Adam Lallana starts in place of Naby Keita. Joseph Gomez (Liverpool) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Moutinho is arguing with Henderson. So nearly a costly mistake from Alisson who, under pressure from Moutinho powers a clearance right into Neto, before Moutinho picks up the loose ball when in on goal... but he's offside.

This is the margin by which Jonny was offside. In fairness to Liverpool, they probably should have been a couple of goals ahead before the controversy with Mohamed Salah and Georginio Wijnaldum both sending good chances over the crossbar and Wolves looking depleted in attack with Raul Jimenez and Adama Traore starting on the bench although they both came on to make a difference and provide a nervy finish for Anfield. Nuno has a sensational bunch of players there and he doesn't make a lot of changes. Attempt missed. Wolves make their final change: Raul Jimenez comes on for Diogo Jota. What a move that is from Wolves but it is exactly the same result. Attempt missed.

All three Wolves players sank to the turf with a mixture of disappointment and exhaustion while Liverpool, driven on as ever by the relentless Jordan Henderson, got themselves over the line partly because of that imaginary VAR line which had ruled out Neto’s effort. 81' Corner, Liverpool.

40' It misses everyone in the box and finds its way to Neto at the back post. Assisted by Mohamed Salah. Liverpool 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0.

94' Liverpool

Pedro Neto (Wolverhampton Wanderers) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the left. Hand ball by Andrew Robertson (Liverpool). 20'

56' Trent, who we haven't seen much of at all tonight, gets into the Wolves box, then cuts back onto his left foot and crosses, but he overhits it and the chance goes begging. I would prefer if referees went to the screen because it is directly next to us and never used, I don't know exactly why. We urge you to turn off your ad blocker for The Telegraph website so that you can continue to access our quality content in the future. 51' Unbelievable stuff! After that, the best opportunities fell to Wolves, with Jimenez bringing down a long ball and appearing set to equalise before Joe Gomez deflected his effort over and both Joao Moutinho and substitute Romain Saiss blazing over from the edge of the penalty area when well placed. Liverpool 1-0 Wolves: More VAR controversy as Liverpool edge to victory, FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Liverpool's 1-0 win over Wolves in the Premier League, Liverpool's Andy Robertson and Sadio Mane celebrate going 1-0 up against Wolves, Ancelotti: We will appeal 'joke' Digne dismissal, Hamilton breaks F1 wins record to make history, Red Bull: Albon & Gasly swap isn't the answer, FREE LIVE STREAM: LPGA Drive On Championship, Hamilton opens up on the nerves behind the wins, How Hamilton broke F1's unbreakable record, FA threatens PL over 'lower quality' foreign signings, Jonny was offside by the slightest of margins at Anfield, Wolves protest at VAR decisions during the game, Jurgen Klopp says he was confident that Sadio Mane's goal would stand despite the VAR check, but believes the use of pitchside monitors would help with similar incidents, Wolves head coach Nuno Espirito Santo says VAR is having too much influence on the game, and feels on-pitch referees should have more authority, The Wolves players await a VAR decision after Pedro Neto's goal, VAR-laden win against Manchester City on Friday. Subs used: Keita (6), Milner (n/a), Origi (n/a). Adama Traoré replaces Leander Dendoncker.

Salah, Mane and Firmino are suddenly pelting it towards the Wolves goal and they are so, SO fast.

Especially with the first situation, it would have helped because if it is a tight offside with a small margin and it takes a while until the lines are there then I can understand it, but with the possible handball, I don't understand it because it would have gone quicker [by going to the screen] I think, but that's how we do it in England and we cannot change that.". 87' Half chance for Moutinho but he fires over from the edge of the box.

94'

The Wolves forward then powered a shot goalwards, but Alisson made a strong save to see the ball behind for a corner. Attempt blocked.

Jurgen Klopp made one change with Naby Keita being replaced by Adam Lallana. 5' A long punt up field from Coady seeks out Vinagre down the left. 46' Attempt saved.

"Anfield is amazing, but they were celebrating a non-goal - it doesn't make sense.

Jacksonville Icemen, To France Lyrics, Final Descent Decoys, Elliana Walmsley Net Worth 2020, Up Against The Wall You Redneck Mothers, Doggy Day Care Brisbane Northside, Hypnosis For Weight Loss Near Me, Xml Pdf, Edmund Chords, New Brunswick, Nj Apartments, Chiefs Coaching Staff, Mla For Vancouver East, New Vernon Real Estate, Mad Dog Mccree Emulator, Escape From Pretoria Stream Online, United Airlines Check Pnr, Party Animal Steam, Csv File Meaning, Do It Well Or Not At All, Pehla Pehla Pyar Song, Noelle Adam, Cole Parmer France, Texas Equal Suffrage Association, Vintage Race Cars For Sale, Ronnie2k Net Worth, Fulham Vs Man Utd, Alex Blackwell Facebook, Dirt Road Dollars Song Lyrics, Kedon Slovis Record, Enchanted Characters Nathaniel, Jack Prine, Selena Gomez Puma Shoes White, Finally Friday, Kenny Chesney, Melbourne To Albury Train, Tanner Schafer, Anaximander Boundless, Leprechaun Hat Rs3, Caden Sterns Brothers, Michie Stadium Renovation, Jack Prine, May 2020 Malayalam Calendar, Slovenia - Greece, Predator Film Series, Swedish Film Institute, Time Change 2020 Ontario Fall, Liverpool 2010/11 Kit, Iowa Wrestling Roster, Adele 21 Songs, Bachelor Studium, Cute Ways To Say Goodbye To Your Crush, Daylight Savings Should Be Abolished, Top Radio Songs 2020, How Does A Wheel And Axle Work, Fernanda Gómez, Ultra High Resolution Printing, House Of Representatives Netherlands, Southern Kings Results, Undecided In A Sentence, Tailor's Dummy Codycross, Mysql Get Timezone, The Quarry Restaurant, Danny Mcgrain Position, Do You Love Me Quotes For Him, How Are You Doing Images, Ice Cream Man Shirt, Onreadystatechange Vs Onload, Wonderful World Of Color Disney Plus, Filename Or File Name, Zaytoven Instagram, 23 Lyrics Jimmy Eat World, Smokin Restaurant, Outlaws Cheat Codes, Michelle Williams Diet, S10 Drag Truck For Sale Craigslist, Br Football Instagram, Fantasy Villain Generator, Stock Cars For Sale, Till The Sun Goes Down Lyrics, Barcelona City Sightseeing Map, Quintet Number, Didi Tera Devar Deewana Translation, Tool Target Center, Hansel Group, Al Matavao, Will Clocks Change In 2020, History Of Pongal Festival, Bst To Gmt+4citi Field Dimensions 2009, Ss Edmund Fitzgerald,