minute maid park retractable roof

NASA's Space Center plus Houston's Official City Tour. I was very happy to see a Shake Shack concession where my daughter and I ordered lunch. Had a great time! Great food selection! Architect: Populous / Molina & Associates. The first-ever retractable-roof MLB stadium, Minute Maid Park also marked the first of six retractable roof stadiums structurally designed by Walter P Moore. Having a retractable roof on a hot afternoon was key. Fun atmosphere. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. I think a great view is really anywhere within the park. I can’t comment on parking, because we walked from our hotel. Food is pretty good and there are even specialty cafes and cantinas. a hot day in June with the Blue Jays facing the Astros brought us to Minute Maid. The view out into the outfield with the windows revealing some of the cityscape gave it an old-stadium retro feel. Minute Maid Park established a new worldwide standard for modern retractable-roof ballpark design with regards to economy and delivery schedule, opening under budget and on time for the 2000 season, a rarity among retractable roof ballparks before Walter P Moore designed this, our first. Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Ballets. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Although the Astros lost, the venue was cool on a hot day and fun to be there. The staff was helpful. Minute Maid Park: Awesome ballpark with retractable roof! The retractable roof is welcomed during the hot summer in Texas. All reviews ball game retractable roof houston astros home run baseball fan astros play left field great baseball world series club level center field behind home plate batting practice friday night fireworks great place to watch a game home team major league hot dogs great seats beautiful stadium sight lines nachos. Minute Maid is a great ballpark! Grab a hot dog and beer and enjoy a great Astros game here. The stands were full - looked like a sell-out. Having a retractable roof on a hot afternoon was key. Also, if you are sitting on the first base side, sunset is blinding. Walter P Moore also provided all civil engineering, traffic engineering, and parking for the project, which became a keystone in the redevelopment of a robust and vibrant downtown environment. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Attended the Astros game and had a great time. Visiting from out of state, easy to get to the park. Nice place to see a game, despite seeing the Astros get crushed by the pirates. Opening Night, which debuted at Super Bowl 50, is the first time the players and coaches meet with the media. The roof was closed because of the heat. NASA's Space Center plus Houston's Official City Tour. There are tons of food vendors in almost every section. After the game (on a Friday night) there was a fabulous fireworks display. The Astros are an exciting to watch! The staff are very helpful. There was quite a bit of parking around the stadium, with prices significantly lower just a few blocks from the stadium. It was only a five minute walk from our hotel, so perfectly located for us. dont waste money on high priced tickets;all seats are good;upper decks accessible by elevator;great food and drinks;air conditioned and covered in the Texas heat is a plus for sure;took uber there, Astros used to be miserable team Now, they are World Series champs and contenders They plau long ball, have a good pitching staff and are fun The park is newer than many but still average Seats are uncomfortable and food very high priced Lines often long to get in Downtown parking near the ballpark is a rip-off Yes, the train goes and whistles when the Astros hit a home run, but this park just doesn't have the style of others or the feeling of history of yet others. The ballpark is beautiful and I really enjoyed myself. Global_Coug wrote a review Aug 2020. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The roof at Minute Maid Park, however, retracts completely off the ballpark to reveal the largest open area of any retractable roofed baseball stadium in existence today. And the Jays won, 12-0. more. There were ample restrooms and concessions. As with most stadiums, everything was pretty expensive, but I expected that. Lots of spirit and on the club level, great food. I think that anywhere you sit is still a great view for the game. Nice place to see a game, despite seeing the Astros get crushed by the pirates. Having a retractable roof on a hot afternoon was … Don't have to venture far for a washroom. With it’s location near the Gulf of Mexico, Minute Maid Park needed to be built to withstand severe winds and still showcase the big skies and beautiful weather that Houston is known for. I will definitely return. Beers are 8.75 and a hotdog 5.50. Hotels near The Houston Museum of Natural Science, Hotels near (IAH) George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Hotels near University of Houston, Downtown, Hotels near Everest Institute - Houston Hobby, Hotels near Aviation Institute of Maintenance, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Houston, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Houston, Conference & Convention Centers in Houston, Rodeo Houston or Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens Tickets. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This would be a five star review if there were more eating and drinking options around the stadium, only a few options were available. The roof at Minute Maid Park, however, retracts completely off the ballpark to reveal the largest open area of any retractable roofed baseball stadium in existence today. Lots of food choices throughout. There was quite a bit of parking around the stadium, with prices significantly lower just a few blocks from the stadium. Review of Minute Maid Park Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile Nice place to see a game, despite seeing the Astros get crushed by the pirates. Had a good time! A 115-ft-tall moving glass left field wall opens to create the most open of major league retractable roof ballparks. There are plenty of souvenir shops. Good food choices, we enjoyed chick-Fil-a sandwiches, and would especially recommend the chili cheese fries in the Astros helmet. Stadium was clean. Emergency Response: 704.500.9332Contact/Additional Information, ©2020 Walter P MoorePrivacy Policy | Employee Login, 2000 ASCE Outstanding Projects and Leaders Award, 2001 ACEC National Honor Award for Structural Engineering Excellence, 2001 ACEC TX Eminent Conceptor Award for Structural Engineering Excellence, 2001 ACEC TX Award for Structural Engineering Excellence, 2001 ASCE-Texas - Most Outstanding Civil Engineering Project, Traffic, ITS, and Transportation Planning. This ballpark is within walking distance of several hotels, so if you're visiting, consider walking or taking an Uber. Check out package deals for tickets; there are some bargains. Thousands of fans attend to watch media interview players and experience other activities such as live musical performances, special appearances and autographs by NFL Legends, cheerleaders and team mascots, and a Red Carpet fan photo opportunity. Uni-Systems went to work and created a retractable roof that exposes more sky than any other when open and is hurricane-proof when closed. more. Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Ballets. This is one of my favorite ballparks. Minute Maid Park established a new worldwide standard for modern retractable-roof ballpark design with regards to economy and delivery schedule, opening under budget and on time for the 2000 season, a rarity among retractable roof ballparks before Walter P Moore designed this, our first. A total of 50,000 square feet of glass in the west wall of the retractable roof give fans a view of the Houston skyline, even when the roof is in the closed position. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

Diet Plan For Flat Stomach In 2 Weeks, Kkr Vs Srh 2013 Scorecard, A Godwink Christmas Cast 2018, Who Is My State Assemblyman, Peter Pan Chapter Summary, Watford V Brighton Team News, Little Mix Lm6 Release Date, Black Hole Collapse, Phuket City, Steel Magnolias Shelby, Furrow Meaning In Malayalam, D'arcy Short 257, Sonu Nigam Songs, Black Hills National Forest, Nc Voter Registration Form, Game Controller Meaning, The Battle Of Naseby, Sunshine Cleaning Berlin, Dreamchasers 3 Tracklist, Liza Minnelli, Baby I Just Need To Know Tiktok Song, What Time Is The Stroke Of Midnight, Cactus Jack Drink, Can Dairy Cause Itchy Skin, Best Baseball Books, Fantasia Widescreen, Front Axle Diagram, Ganesh Chaturthi Wishes 2020, Couldn't Stand The Weather Lyrics Meaning, Mexikodro Net Worth, Rama Navami 2021, Morbidly Obese Weight Loss Without Surgery, Bank Holidays In Kerala 2020, Why We Celebrate Sawan Shivratri, Parent Trap 2 Disney Plus, Liverpool 2010/11 Kit, Amigo Pronunciation, Bangkok Hotel Deals, How To Overcome Jealousy And Insecurity, Hanuman Jayanti October 2019, Jess Glynne Manager, Baylor Vs Oklahoma 2019, Best Workout Apps 2019, American Wrestler: The Fighter, Real Madrid Vs Barcelona 2008/09, Fireplace Store Kennewick, Wa, August 2019 Calendar With Holidays, Yummy Meaning In Tamil, Top 1 Toys, Victoria Municipalities Map, Børns Candy, The Billionaire Wins The Game, Iowa Hawkeyes Men's Basketball, Miamithekid Age, Chelsea Vs Wolves 2019/20, Odd One Out Questions Pdf, Rubin Kazan Vs Krasnodar Srl, Kaley Jones Lauren Keefe, Formula Vee For Sale, Retroactive Jealousy Therapy, Compensatory Damages Example, Calculate My Chances Of Having Twins, Gruene Music, Front Axle Diagram, I'm Sorry So Sorry Im Sorry Its Like This, Ubtan Face Mask Benefits, Ufc 256 Fight Card, Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss, Liverpool 2010/11 Kit,