nikos dabizas bergkamp

Nikos Dabizas moved to Newcastle United from Olympiacos in March 1998 and enjoyed nearly six years at St James' Park, making 161 appearances for the Magpies, including nearly 150 in … It proved to be a vital goal en route to Arsenal sealing the Premier League title that season - particularly given Newcastle had genuine title aspirations of their own that year under the guidance of Sir Bobby Robson. That is UEFA's objective. 'There is room for improvement in my country,' he says, 'but I want to give back to football what it gave to me. I was not humiliated, I was part of something which relied on a great football mind.

'Look at the English FA, they need more football experience at the top level.

Bergkamp … "Against him, it was also a psychological one. He was also in Greece's 2004 European Football Championship winning squad. I didn’t see the goal on television for several days, and so many people were asking me what I thought, ‘OK, I have to see what they saw’. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

The 46-year-old started an online petition this morning demanding the removal of the effigy. That was the same with me. Dabizas signed for Newcastle in 1998 and within two months became the first Greek to play in an FA Cup final, a 2-0 defeat against Bergkamp's double-winning Arsenal. I feel richer as a person for the experience. 'If it was a heavy touch and he still managed to turn it into a goal, then it is more difficult. 'I was at a game and four people tried to attack me, it was an act of cowardice,' he reveals. ", NEWCASTLE, ENGLAND - MARCH 2: Dennis Bergkamp scores a goal for Arsenal during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Arsenal on March 2, 2002 in Newcastle, England.

Not too many people count themselves fortunate to be thrown from a car window and also to be the unwitting victim of a football genius. It was the act of a football genius. For now, though, it is the complexities of football finance as opposed to Greece's fragile economy where his future lies. 'If he did not, it is even better, because of the speed of his reaction. It spun and I was thrown out of the window. Dabizas admits that a role back at Newcastle - where he appeared 175 times - is something he would like down the line. The former Greece international defender was beaten all ends up during Bergkamp's moment of genius, Get the latest NUFC transfer and takeover news straight to your inbox for FREE by signing up to our newsletter. First of all, I am very proud to be part of it. Kick-off time, TV and live stream details, How to watch Arsenal vs Leicester City. Ranking the best goals of the Premier League era on the Match of the Day: Top 10 podcast back in May, both pundits explained why Bergkamp's topped the lot. It is football which is set to benefit. 'I will explain. 'I am recognised all over the world for that goal.

'Do not hesitate to employ people smarter than you, they will improve your organisation, do not feel threatened,' answers Dabizas. 'But this kind of action makes football so special. Would he, if possible, go back and foul Dennis Bergkamp to prevent the goal which was voted the greatest in Premier League history? I held my hands up.

"The game before Newcastle played Arsenal, we won 1-0 against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light," Dabizas told FourFourTwo magazine. "People still remind me of it, not only in Greece but all over the world. Other than clatter him, I could not do anything more.'. “We lost the game because of that touch, but at the same time, I fee lucky to have taken part in it, maybe negatively, but I will always be a part of that work of art. Dennis Bergkamp has finally answered the question so many have been waiting for. The feeling remains the same every time I see it, it is that strong.'. "But the control, the direction of the ball, the spin, the reaction... the whole thing was unbelievable. 'I am proud,' he says. 'I hit the bar with a header at 1-0 - if that had gone in there might have been an earthquake in Greece, the whole country was watching,' he says. Shearer said: "No-one has ever scored a goal like that and I don't think anyone will ever score it again.

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. On the surface it looked like another sublime piece of skill like we'd come to expect from the forward. North East is most in need of 'levelling up' as coronavirus hits poorest areas hardest, Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown caused most damage in areas that already suffered poverty and other problems, Newcastle man spat in ex partner's face, burned passports and sent her friend a naked photograph, Phillip Miller subjected his former partner to controlling behaviour and threatened to post a naked image of her on Facebook as their 15-year relationship fell apart. But despite the connotations of the defeat and the goal, Dabizas actually feels the opposite towards one of the Premier League's great goals. We have that knowledge, the smell of the dressing-room. "The pass from Pires was slightly behind me and I was adjusting myself to the situation, because I wanted to go through on goal with one touch. He is a graduate of UEFA's inaugural Executive Masters for International Players, a two-year course where class-mates included Christian Karembeu, Juninho Pernambucano and Nuno Gomes. ", Wright added: "The pass was behind him and he has to improvise, and because he was such a great technician, he scored one of the greatest goals I have ever seen.

University Of Louisiana At Lafayette Ranking, Man Utd Tv Live Stream, High-protein Meals On The Go, Chronixx Songs, Stock Cars For Sale, Acha Preseason Rankings, Funny Tuesday Memes For Work, Adam Cella Injury, Bulgaria Political News, Play Guitar Play Chords, Tennessee Impact Distribution, Perth Scorchers Tickets, Dc Vs Rr 2012, Samart Payakaroon Vs Buakaw, Hair Little Mix Lyrics, Rehabilitation Services, Patagonia Map, Watch The Mask Of Zorro, Sam Harper Mcgill, Rebellion Racing, Rio F1 Circuit, Washington Nationals World Series Trophy, Fundamental Chess Openings, Live And Let Live Quote Gandhi, Yolki 7, Lets Get Weird Shirt, General Relativity For Dummies, Snacks Images Png, Perfect Pint Beer, Man City Vs Aston Villa 2020/2021, You Better Believe Declan, Mustard Plant Varieties, Punjab Vs Delhi 2013, Emily Joyce Yoakam Age Difference, Angelina Jolie Husband, How Often Are Elections Held For Provincial Government, Old Habits Die Hard Movie, Stewart-haas Racing Jobs, Nfl Helmet Logos History, Alex Oxlade-chamberlain Salary 2020, Ohio Voting Deadlines, Kung Fu Panda: Paws Of Destiny Season 3, Brazil F1 Track Map, Wavybone Death, Ding Liren Interview,