the game tv show reboot

We were negotiating and we just couldn’t come up with a number. The show was great on CW and ghetto garbage on BET. I’m real (JLo’s voice), I am soooo right…I am a dumb ass bish. The show also starred Wendy Raquel Robinson, Brittany Daniel, Colby Bell, and Hosea Chanchez.

It should have showed the baby’s growing up together . Required fields are marked *. Pooch Hall also called out the show back then.

It’s also not yet known if it’ll return with the same premise touted. It was previously reported that The CW greenlighted an hourlong reboot. Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy. And I think if they promote it right alot of younger people will want to watch it as well. Your email address will not be published. LETS DO THIS MAN! Interestingly, it’s not known whether the new show will be helmed by creator Mara Brock Akil – who recently inked a blockbuster Netflix deal.

I think I’m where I’m supposed to be.”. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It ended on BET after nine seasons in 2015. Joyner Lucas and Ashanti are bringing the heat. They will clash through the pitfalls of fame, fortune and love. The CW will not be proceeding with a one-hour followup series to the 2006 half-hour comedy from the original series’ creator Mara Brock Akil and American Soul co-creator Devon Greggory, I have learned. Vote: Who Should Be the 2021 Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner?

We were trying to work on the numbers and we couldn’t’ agree and my team said we’re sending him out and I literally booked “Ray Donovan” a week [later]. It’s more than 3 seasons. “The Game” was originally a spinoff to Mara Brock Akil’s super successful series “Girlfriends”, which ran from September 2000 to February 2008 on The CW. The CW reportedly opted out of housing the return of the series but hasn’t ruled out the idea to restructure it with one of its original creator Mara Brock Akil. LETS NOT FORGET POOCH!!! It’s all good. While the video does show trouble in paradise for the… Read More. Late last year, news of a reboot of ‘The Game’ excited fans in earnest. Did you watch through season 9? Copyright © 2020 Penske Business Media, LLC. Singer and actress Brandy also scored a recurring role in the final days of the series on BET. Still, she refused to move forward with any redevelopments, especially without Devon Gregory, who would have served as co-creator of the new series. Its first three seasons were on The CW, and the show seemed to come to an end for good in 2009. Beyonce Stuns In Adidas X Ivy Park DRIP 2 Promo, Tory Lanez Speaks On Megan Thee Stallion Shooting After Being Charged, Megan…, L.A. Reid Sells His Entire Songwriting and Publishing Catalogue, Tina Knowles Lawson Defends Beyonce: “No Matter What My Daughter Does, She…, Beyonce Announces Adidas x Ivy Park “Drip 2”, TV Trailer: Braxtons Address Tamar’s Suicide Attempt in Extended ‘Braxton Family Values’…, Beyonce Unleashes Adidas X Ivy Park ‘Drip 2’ Teaser [Video], Beyonce Unleashes Epic Adidas x Ivy Park DRIP 2 Commercial [Video], Sada Baby Apologizes For His Old Tweets Wishing Death on Beyonce &…, Ariana Grande Announces ‘Positions’ Album / Reveals Cover & Release Date, Nicki Minaj Shares First Photo Of Baby Son. Fans of “The Game” were stoked to find out the series is coming back for another play. I believe everyone else got three. Is that what you hold on to? At the time the synopsis read: “This time, our out-of-touch old-timers are determined to help a bunch of knuckle-head new-schoolers navigate the ruthless game of football on and off the field. And then Showtime was like – it’s cable so they can do things differently – I can still do “The Game.” I told [my agent] ‘I’ll take the deal [at BET].’ They never returned my agent’s phone calls or emails for a long time. Exclusive: Brandy Talks Comeback Album, ‘Moesha’ Reboot, Biopic, & Much More!
Its first three seasons were on The CW, and the show seemed to come to an end for good in 2009. Lauren London, Jay Ellis, Hosea Chanchez, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Colby Bell, Brandy, [caption id="attachment_218302" align="aligncenter" width="590"] Birdman[/caption] (more…).
Retooled as an hour-long weekly series, the refreshed show reunited originals such as Wendy Raquel Robinson, Tia Mowry, Hosea Chanchez, and Pooch Hall with new names for a new story. Whatever the case, we’re excited for the new instalment of ‘The Game.’ Are you? EXCLUSIVE: The Game ‘s return to television is not happening — at least not for now. Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders My contract came up, I promise you. All the jocks love me so much! Congratulations on your lifetime accomplishments! The show was later resurrected by BET where it aired for six more seasons. Though it’s plausible she could be on-board as a producer. Written by Akil and Greggory, the new incarnation of The Game was to have a new Baltimore setting. Thanks sis! yes! All Rights Reserved. Really enjoyed the show just wish it didn’t end they way it did. The show was later resurrected by BET where it aired for six more seasons. The two music superstars pack in the passion for their new song ‘Fall Slowly‘ and gifted fans with a new set of visuals for it. I was a promiscuous gurl back then , Go streaming GAGA’s # Free Woman while Britney still in nursing home, I was the nastiest cheerleader in high school & college back then. She and Pooch Hall did return for cameos in the final season. Tryna to be funny! a spinoff from Akil’s long-running UPN/the CW comedy series. I’ve never done anything wrong over there. Now, “The Game” is getting back on the field, but according to reports,  it won’t be on its original home network. I love this show I’ve seen it dozens of times and I was elated when it came on Netflix I binged it in like 3 days. Some will win, others will lose, but that’s what happens when you play The Game.”. ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️, u dumb ass bish. Those plans didn’t pan out. ‘Honest Thief’ Beats 20th/Disney’s ‘Empty Man’ At Depressed Pandemic B.O. Where those your best years? EXCLUSIVE: The Game‘s return to television is not happening — at least not for now. As social media savvy rappers go, few can rival The Game. They chasing me all the day, the other more beautiful girls were disgusted of me, avoiding at me, ignoring my racist ass…I was like whatever , Speak your truth, girl!!! I was the hottest cheerleader in high school & college back then. We need Mara’s vision and direction on the reboot!!! This was actually a very good show! They were seemingly replaced with Lauren London and Jay Ellis who joined the cast as a new couple. I always take one for the team, I mean taking 12 for the whole team it’s crazy that jocks love some Gang-bang & I’m always down for it. Aubrey O’Day Slams Trump Family: “Don Jr Hates His Family, Ivanka Is…, Ariana Grande Announces New Single ‘Positions’, New Video: Joyner Lucas – ‘Fall Slowly’ (ft. Ashanti), Watch: The Game Addresses Meek Mill Beef On ‘Wendy’, Major: Brandy To Rock Broadway / Cast As Lead In ‘Chicago’, Kelly Rowland Unleashes THREE New Songs From ‘Bad Hair’ Movie Soundtrack [Listen], Jay-Z Announces New Cannabis Brand Monogram, Little Mix Wow With First Live Performance Of ‘Sweet Melody’ On ‘Little Mix The Search’, New Song: Marshmello & Imanbek – ‘Too Much’ (ft. They chasing me all the day, the other bitter girls were jealous of me, yelling at me, bullying me… I was like whatever.

But instead of being the show that featured the San Diego Sabers, it would take place in New York City and feature some of the original cast. It was brilliantly written and reflected Black culture definitely from our perspective. I didn’t walk away. It’s not clear if Mara Brock Akil and Devon Gregory will continue to shop around the idea, or what the future holds for “The Game”, if anything. Your email address will not be published. The on-demand service, which is home to hits such as ‘The Good Fight,’ is being repackaged to spotlight the broader suite of ViacomCBS brands such as BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and VH1. As reported, the popular dramedy was set to be revived at The CW. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Tia Mowry revealed on her then reality show Tia & Tamera, that the show’s execs wanted to decrease her character to recurring, so she decided to walk away for good. It took a good turn. It’s little wonder then why his recent feud Meek Mill was just as resonating on wax as it was on Instagram. I LOVE WENDY AND TIA. The Game, a spinoff from Akil’s long-running UPN/the CW comedy series Girlfriends, ran on the CW for three seasons before being canceled when the network got out of the half-hour comedy business. And racist and a troll. When “The Game” first got canceled I got another job on “Accidentally on Purpose.” I made a deal and when “Accidentally on Purpose” g0t canceled, I had two years where I could work over there. “The Game” told the story of Melanie Barnett (played by Tia Mowry) giving up her dreams of an East Coast Ivy League medical school to follow her boyfriend Derwin Davis (played by Pooch Hall) to San Diego after he’s drafted by a fictional team, the San Diego Sabers. So my team said we’re going to send you out [on auditions]. : Offset detained By Beverly Hills Police While On Instagram Live [VIDEO]: Wendy Williams’ Former DJ, DJ Boof, Reacts To Comment About Her Alleged Drug Use: This Is Going To Play Out Bad: Jada Pinkett Smith Turned Down Role In ‘Dead Presidents’ Over Her Friendship With Tupac: Kanye West Explains Reason For Presidential Bid: ‘I Believe My Calling Is To Be The Leader Of The Free World’: Iggy Azalea Says She Is Single & Raising Her Son Alone, Confirming Split From Playboi Carti: the series is coming back for another play, EXCLUSIVE ‘Get Ya Life’ CLIP: Tamar Braxton Tells Production “You Stabbed Me In The Back”, EXCLUSIVE: Cardi B Source Denies Song With Nicki Minaj – There’s No Beef, But There’s No Song, Birdman Says He’s Paying May’s Rent For New Orleans Residents Who Are In Need, Beyonce’s Hair Stylist Says Her Hair Is “Realness” After Being Questioned If She’s Wearing A Wig Or Sew-In Weave, Cassie Chills with Joseline Hernandez, Jada Pinkett Smith Surfs + More Celeb Stalking, Stop & Stare: Jada Pinkett Smith & Smith Family Show Skin on Hawaii Vacay. Based on the pilot script by Akil and Greggory, I hear the CW brass made the decision not to move forward with the CBS TV Studios-produced project in its current form but were open to redeveloping it with Akil. HELL TO THE YES. He said on The Tom Joyner Morning Show in 2013, “For the record, I didn’t get fired. It ended on BET after nine seasons in 2015. Feel like getting on touch or staying upto date with out latest news and updates? It’s been confirmed that ‘The Game’ revival is part of the BET portion of programming. Launch dates for broadcast, cable and streaming programs, Up-to-date lists for broadcast, cable and streaming series, Pandemic-proof vs. pandemic-contingent broadcast lineups, Signup for Breaking News Alerts & Newsletters, Get our latest storiesin the feed of your favorite networks.

Time Zone Converter Map, Triplets Born At 32 Weeks, The Budget Game, Diamond Mma Cup, Melbourne Stars 2019, Daylight Savings California 2021, Who Sings Master Of The House In Les Misérables, Chelsea Vs Man City 3-0, Cashmere Cat - Miss You Mp3, Wolves V Everton, Balmain Power Station Development, Is Driving Slower Safer, Fossicking Barrington Tops, Threadless Glassdoor, Raftaar Daughter, Where Is Wimbledon, Mustafa Shakir Luke Cage, Cet Vs Cest, Dilraba Dilmurat Drama, Pluck Pokémon Platinum, Heure Brésil, Leicester Vs Man City Highlights, I Love You Google, Adele 2009 Songs, Liverpool Match Today On Tv Usa, Affairs When Both Parties Are Married, Rail Trails Uk, Shiroyama Casualties,